Prepositions Beginning with ‘F’ List
From this article learn about 6 common prepositions beginning with ‘F’ with their meaning and examples
Meaning: coming after or a result of
- Police are hunting for two men following a spate of robberies in the area.
- We sang the National Anthem following the hoisting of the National Flag.
- She could not stand up following her illness.
- Would you like to go for a walk with me?
- This dress is for you.
- Smoking is not good for your health.
- I am walking for two kilometers
- She tried to solve the problem for a few hours.
- I am saving money for our future.
- Is this the flight for Tokyo?
- I have both love and respect for you.
- Is this a gift for me?
- I bought this teddy for $15.
- Are you ready for this competition?
- She began to walk away from him.
- The show will run from 10 to 2.
- I’m from India.
- Men who ranged in age from seventeen to eighty-four.
- You can see the island from here.
- A varnish made from copal
- The party was ousted from power after sixteen years.
- The story of how he was saved from death.
- The woman’s child is suffering from asthma.
- Information obtained from papers, books, and presentations.
- The courts view him in a different light from that of a manual worker.
For the sake of
- He sacrificed his life for the sake of love.
- The girl was sitting just forward of me in the plane.
- Further to your letter, I have spoken to Mr Johnson.