Prepositions Beginning with ‘C’ List
From this article, you will learn 11 prepositions beginning with the consonant ‘C’ with their meaning and examples. So, let’s see:
Meaning: at the home of (used in imitation of French, often humorously)
- I spent the summer chez Grandma.
Meaning: when a specified time is reached or event happens
- I don’t think that they will be far away from honors come the new season.
Meaning: (often preceding a date) approximately
- He was born circa 1930.
- The house was built circa 1960.
Meaning: on the subject of or in connection with; about
- My grandmother told me a story concerning a horrible beast.
- Your teacher asked me some questions concerning your result.
Meaning: taking (something) into consideration
- Considering Christmas, Simon was remarkably cheerful.
- Considering the quality, I think the price is very cheap.
- He always become contra of all my decisions.
Meaning: taking account of when reaching a total; including
- There were three of us in the family, or four counting my pet dog.
- It makes $100, not counting the tax.
Meaning: combined with; also used as (used to describe things with a dual nature or function)
- There is a sofa-cum-bed in the room.
- I am a type of manager-cum-receptionist of this Hotel.
- The letter was delivered care of your father.
- The shop is close to my house.
- Contrary to popularity, the company has lost its product quality.