Prepositions beginning with ‘P’ List
In this article, I haave discussed 10 prepositions that begin with the letter ‘P’ with their usage in sentences.
- I don’t want to recall the memories again. It’s past me now.
- The hostel is just past my house.
- I don’t like to work past my bedtime.
- It’s nearly 20 minutes past four.
- We saw you in the garden when we drove past your house.
Definition: Until (something) happens or takes place.
- They were released on bail pending an appeal.
- They will not give you the goods pending the payment.
- The family members are worried pending his return.
- For each (used with units to express a rate)
- This gas station charges $1.30 per gallon.
- By means of
- Send it per express.
- Divided by a line in the direction of
- The polythene costs $5 per square meter.
- In accordance with
- We have made this as per your instructions.
Definition: With the addition of
- 8 plus 2 is 10.
- There are four members in the family, plus the baby. So, there are five now.
Post (means after)
- Indian poetry post the 1950s hasn’t had the same impact.
Definition: Short for upon, especially in poetic use or to represent dialect.
Pre (means before)
- The trees were almost certainly planted pre 1800.
Definition: In favor of
- Are you pro superstition or not?
- They are pro the virtues of individualism.
- I have made a graph preparatory to the building.
- She never spoke Hindi prior to visiting us. We taught her the language.